Thursday, December 22, 2016

Mussar - We all Need a Refresher Course at times



A readers comment is below from Rabbi Menachem
and I do believe it is worth its weight in gold - 
and so I have copied it here - 

Dear brothers, sisters, friends and fellow readers,

     I am saddened to learn that so many people push away the messages that Rav Menachem shares. I understand some of the many reasons as I too hesitated to accept the "doom and gloom" the "conspiracy theories" and all of that. 
  •  Can it be that the world, as we know, will EVER come to an end?
  •   Can it be that some "truths" we took for granted are not true? 

Could it be the lifestyle we are living is not quite what Hashem intended for us? 
That we need to adjust, large or small, to align ourselves with the Ratzon Hashem - the Will of Hashem.... 
  • But I keep Shabbos!?
  • But I keep kosher!?
  • But I give charity!?
  • I host people who need a warm house!?
  • But I daven three times a day with minyan!?
  • But I learn Daf Yomi!?
  • Etc, Etc, Etc

  • But I also make Bar Mitzvahs for tens of thousands of dollars.
  • But I also don't have Kavana (focused intent) when praying.
  • But I also spend most of Shabbos sleeping/drinking/reading magazines/newspapers.
  • But I also vacation in places where I should not be exposing my eyes to. 
  • But I also open my mouth with anger and hurtful words and Lashon Hara, with words against good people...
  • But I also don't spend much time thinking about my relationship with Hashem. 
  • But I also look with envy at others. 
  • But I also check my phone messages during Daf Yomi...
  • But I also do business deals with just a little too much shrewdness...honesty? Halacha? I think it's ok....


Am I PREOCCUPIED with Torah and with what Hashem wants from me? Or am I preoccupied with what I can get out of life and the accomplishments I can make and the money to make and the food I can eat (with high quality hechsher of course) 

Doom and gloom can be harsh. 

But what way can he wake us up?? 

If we don't want to look at the earthquakes and weather and a star or planet that one might think is imaginary, just look around your neighborhood! 

  • Kids falling off the derech left and right.
  • Marriages collapsing weekly!
  • Children sick in the hospital with terrible diseases.
  • Couples without children waiting for years to give birth. 
  • Singles getting older and older as the Shidduch scene gets narrower and narrower. 
  • People burying loved ones from accidents or illnesses or even suicides all too often. 
  • Poverty sneaking up on people and losing their homes. 


Isn't that enough? Apparently it hasn't been. 

So either Rav Menachem can sit by and sigh as his fellow creations of Hashem are lost one by one, devoured by this lifestyle of living for THIS world, and having the world to come as a little afterthought each year around Rosh Hashem's time.....or he can risk getting Emails and comments like he is getting, and scream out to people to change their lives while we can. 

Put aside the doom and gloom - are you and I doing Teshuvah daily? 

Are we adding minutes each day to learning or davening or have we corrected our tzniut or our Shmirat aynayim?? 

So if you don't like doom and gloom....try looking at hospital wards or the list of Shidduchim or OTD list or any of the tzarus in the Jewish community....and let's get to work. 

  • No one likes to hear that the fires were because of Chilul Shabbos 
  • No one likes to hear that bad things happen because men at a Simcha are looking at women who aren't dressed tznius. 
  • No one likes Musar. 

No one 

One way or another we have to wake up. 

Hayinu k'cholmim (we will be like dreamers) 

Let's make sure we wake up with a smile and not into an eternal nightmare...
You matter!!!

You're actions thoughts and words matter. This is how we build our personal eternity and how we work as a Tzelem Elokim (in the image of Hashem) - we're creating our eternal reality. 

With or without doom and gloom the truth exists - 

Let's wake up and get going on building our best reality ever, with good deeds, increased delving into Torah, better tznius, deeper Tefillah and authentic Teshuvah, Building a deep relationship with Hashem. 

L'at l'at, but we need to get moving! 

Thank you Rav Menachem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment